Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Career Opportunities at Summit Health and CityMD
Summit Health and CityMD form a physician-driven, patient-centric network, committed to simplifying the complexities of health care and bringing a more connected kind of care. Our unique network was created by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the nation's premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York metropolitan area. Together, Summit Health and CityMD deliver a more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for every patient, regardless of the stage of life or health condition, through high-quality primary, specialty, and urgent care.
We are continually growing to meet the needs of our patients and deliver exceptional care to an even greater population. Summit Health now has more than 2,800 providers across more than 80 specialty areas, 13,000 employees, and over 370 locations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Central Oregon. CityMD has over 150 locations across the tri-state. We share a vision of improving the way health care needs are addressed by offering timely, high-quality, comprehensive care with an exceptional patient experience. Together, we provide the best possible care to every patient in every neighborhood.
Join our team!
Summit Health and CityMD are dedicated to hiring and retaining the right talent who will contribute to our ongoing expansion and success. We work to set clear goals and expectations, while regularly managing performance and cultivating personal and team capabilities within a positive, collaborative environment that recognizes and rewards success. We strive to make each team member's experience at our company inspiring. Explore our open positions and apply to become a part of the Summit Health and CityMD family.
Westmed Medical Group is currently recruiting for a full time Physician Assistant for our Family Medicine team. This position is in Norwalk, CT.
The physician assistant (PA) is responsible for providing medical care under the direct supervision of a licensed Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgeon(s), and in accordance with approved, written practice supervision agreements and guidelines. Services provided by the PA will include general health maintenance, management of acute/episodic illnesses and initial injury assessment.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services and develops and implements plan of care in conjunction with supervising physician(s).
- Obtains patient medical history and performs physical examinations and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Initiates necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with supervising physician(s), nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care, and to prepare a comprehensive patient care plan. Refers to appropriate physician(s) for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA's scope of practice.
- Obtains consultations and/or referrals as appropriate.
- Responds to patient inquires, answers questions and refers questions to physician(s) as appropriate.
- Documents all patient care services in the electronic medical record.
- Provides health education counseling to patients and families as appropriate; and supports programs for patients and their families. Answers questions about condition and treatment plan.
- Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk management activities.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including practice specific requirements. Demonstrates professional work behavior and complies with organizational policies and procedures and federal and state requirements.
- Establishes and maintains patient educational materials;
- Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care.
- Respects and protects the patient's rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for the professional purposes which are in the patient's best interests with full consideration of their legal rights. Displays a positive attitude when interacting with physician's office staff, physicians and fellow employees of the office.
- Master's degree and successful completion of accredited physician assistant program
- Current licensure as Physician Assistant by state of Connecticut
- Board certification
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- 2 or more years of experience as a Physician Assistant is required
- Competency to assist in the Operating Room
- Knowledge of medical procedures and guidelines concerning assessment, treatment, and recovery
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
Total Rewards at Summit Health CityMD
Our team members are essential to our mission to reshape healthcare through the power of connection. Summit Health highly values the critical role that health and wellness play in the lives of our team members and their families. We strive to provide a valuable suite of benefits, wellness programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and personal needs of team members and their families at various stages of life and in their professional career. Collectively, we call these "Total Rewards".
Here at Summit Health, our total rewards include, but are not limited to:
We've Got You Covered - Health coverage is vital, and it begins as soon as the 1st of the month after you start employment.
Build a Healthy Foundation - Various medical plan options, HDHP with HSA option and employer contribution, and waived copays at CityMD Urgent Cares.
Enhance Your Health Coverage - Dental and vision insurance, plus healthcare and dependent care spending accounts.
Safeguard Your Household - Company paid EAP and life insurance, plus optional supplemental life, pet, and legal plan insurance.
Protect Against the Unexpected - Voluntary benefits including hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness, and disability insurance.
Retirement Investing - 401(k) plan with company match every pay period to help you build towards your retirement.
Work/Life Balance - Paid time off including PTO, holidays, and more so employees can take a break or care for themselves and their family.
Paid Maternity Leave - Paid time off for the birth of a child to assist with important time away while welcoming the newest addition to your family.
Reach Professional Goals - Tuition reimbursement, annual compensation and bonus program, and internal growth opportunities.
Financial Wellness - Educational webinars, resources, and tools to help foster financial literacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.