Registered Nurse III - Ambulatory Surgical Center at LBJ
Harris Health System
Location: Houston, Texas
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 159888
The Nurse Clinician III (NCIII)'s knowledge base has been validated through achievement of national certification in specialty area. The NC III is experienced, knowledgeable and skilled in specialty area and functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Practice characterized by pattern/trend recognition predictive of patient condition changes and indicative of intervention requirements. Practice is problem focused, but patient centered in the manner care is provided. Nurse Clinician III is able to manage unexpected or emergency situations that are commonly seen in assigned specialty population.
Shift: Monday through Friday days; no night, weekends or holidays
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Education/Licensure/Specialized Training: a. Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing; BSN preferred b. Licensure: Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas.; Basic Life Support from a hospital-based American Heart Association (AHA) approved program.
2. Work Experience: a. Three (3) years RN experience; two (2) years experience in specialty area
3. Clinical Performance: Annual Performance Review/Resume/CV/Portfolio reflects leadership in professional practice environment.
4. Clinical Leadership: One (1) year as a charge nurse or preceptor.
5. Certification: Designated professional nursing certification for specialty.
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Bilingual Skills Required? Preferred Language(s): any Writing /Composing Special Language Skills Must be adequate to meet the following communication requirements: Accurately interprets and transmits clinical information in English, both verbally and in written form; and Sends and receives messages patients/families/SOs can comprehend.
2. Other Skills: Medical Terms, Mathematics, PC
3. Advanced Education: Advance Training Specialty: Designated professional nursing certification for specialty Bachelor's Degree Major: Nursing/BSN preferred
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, On Call
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.