Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members.
Arizona is a year-round destination. Sunny skies and low humidity prevail 300 days a year across the state. From awesome natural wonders to culinary treats, tribal lands, vibrant cities, world-class resorts, renowned golfing and historic Western towns, there are some truly breathtaking moments to be had in the Grand Canyon State.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Medical Education Supervisor who reports to the Director of Graduate Medical Education and supports the Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education. As a Medical Education Supervisor, you will have direct oversight of subspecialty program staff, including hiring and training support staff. Acts as liaison between house staff and the organization's facilities and medical staff and serves on various committees. The position will also develop and maintain an alumni house staff database for tracking purposes. The Medical Education Supervisor must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the program's responsibilities, functions, underlying management structure, and sponsoring institution in organizing and independently prioritizing work and timely workflow. The successful candidate must have at least 3 years experience as a program coordinator within a residency or fellowship program and 3-5 years of management experience. If you are interested in this Medical Education Supervisor position, please apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at 970-810-6347 or email email@example.com.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supervises and oversees the operations of medical education. Accountable for the activities required for accreditation, recruitment, and effective operation of the medical education program. Liaisons with external educational and compliance agencies to ensure programs are in compliance and in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Manages the operations of the residency and/or fellowship program including, but not limited to, activities of the post graduate education committee, medical education committee, timely conduction of internal reviews, and monitoring work hours to ensure compliance with ACGME and program requirements.
2. Serves as the administrative liaison with external regulatory and compliance agencies. Establishes and updates policies and procedures in accordance with program, facility, and organizational policies and procedures, standard professional practices, guidelines and standards as specified by accrediting agencies and related local, state and federal laws and regulations.
3. Within Med Edu, oversees, plans and directs the daily functioning and staffing needs of the department. Analyzes and resolves staff and work problems. Assists in the resolution of system issues and enforces department policies assuring that employee conflicts are resolved efficiently. Provides supervisory/management duties as required or requested by leadership.
4. Establishes and maintains databases of information for accreditation reporting, surveys, licensure, credentialing, audits, and other reporting.
5. Plays a key role in developing and monitoring medical education budgets.
6. Coordinates educational session to fulfill requirements of programs and the health-system.
7. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with program directors, staff, faculty and residents/fellows. Serves as a role model and resource for providing quality patient care and information as needed. Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction through oversight of staff interaction with customers.
8. Internal contacts include physicians, administration, and employees. External customers include various medical education accreditation agencies and federal, state and local regulatory agencies for medical education.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Must possess knowledge of medical or pharmacy education coordination as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business, human relations or related field.
Must possess an understanding of medical education, research and management as normally demonstrated with 3-5 years of experience in medical education management. Requires strong research and organizational abilities. Requires excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to guide and lead others. Requires demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R15931
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.