The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix is a level 1 Trauma, Magnet, Teaching hospital. The main operating rooms have 24 suites that include 2 Hyrbrid, 2 DaVinci rooms and MIS rooms. Specialties make working Banner University Medical Center an exciting and diverse place to challenge yourself. The specialties includes: General, Trauma, ENT, OMFS, Plastics, Ortho, Neuro, Robotics, Gyn, Urology, Ophthalmology, vascular, transplants, TAVR's, hearts, Bariatric and NICU babies. As a large and busy hospital we preform over 300 cases weekly.
As an OR Equipment Tech in the Main Operating room you will work with a team of Doctors, Nurse and tech to help the patients of the Phoenix area. You will have the opportunity to learn from the ground up in a large level 1 trauma surgical department. This is the just the beginning of your career in periop services. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Hours are 10:30pm- 7:00am varing shift Monday - Friday. Weekend and call shift is required.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for facilitating patient safety by assuring safe functioning of Operating Room equipment and by maintaining and overseeing the perioperative equipment management program for the Operating room. Oversees the safe keeping of all surgical equipment. Initiates the coordination of equipment evaluations and staff education as it pertains to new and existing equipment.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs timely troubleshooting and minor repairs or facilitates major repair with designated vendors of all equipment within the department, as well as coordinating timely maintenance of the physical facility with Plant Services.
2. Serves as first line resource to physicians and staff for equipment troubleshooting in all department specialties, general, ortho, ENT, neuro, peds, robotics, etc.
3. Functions as part of the OR patient care team in running the cell saver, laser, image guided equipment, video and microscope (balancing, exchanging lenses). Possesses an in-depth knowledge of specialized equipment through certifications.
4. Maintains appropriate documentation and databases for equipment repairs. Communicates to management, including physicians and staff members, as to the status of the equipment within department on a weekly basis.
5. Performs safety checks on all equipment prior to patient use. Assures proper electrical load distribution when multiple pieces of equipment are utilized for a surgical procedure in order to ensure safe patient care.
6. Proactively determines continuing education needs related to new equipment or procedures for all department staff and assists the nursing educator in meeting these educational needs.
7. Oversees the safe keeping of all surgical equipment to ensure physical security against loss.
8. Facilitates efficient OR room turnover by anticipating equipment needs. Communicates to management, including physicians and staff members, as to the status of the equipment within department on a weekly basis.
9. Position has facility responsibility only. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, vendors, other facilities and external medical facilities. Requires equipment specific certification for proper operation of various pieces of equipment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a minimum of 1 year of perioperative services, biomedical, or comparable experience, which includes knowledge of related equipment and supplies and operating room protocol. Effective organizational, communication and human relations skills are necessary as the incumbent will be coordinating several projects simultaneously and working closely with department managers and all levels of staff and subordinates. Requires strong communications skills; time management, human relations and organizational skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5240
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.