Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Days\) to work in the new Short Stay Unit opening May 2017 at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle,WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\.
Description of new Telemetry Unit: Short Stay \(Cardiac and Neuro\)
Our new 16\-bed short stay unit, opening in May 2017 offers a dynamic career in a fast paced environment to our patients undergoing interventional cardiac and procedural patients such as catheterization, elective cardioversion, transesophageal and thoracic echocardiogram as well as various electrophysiological studies and intervention\. All patients are monitored\.
Cardiac and Neuro procedures with and without Sheath\. Nurses competent in starting IVs\. All nurses must pass rhythm test, cardiac and stroke competencies\.
Paid Relocation Packages and TN Visa \(Canada\) sponsorship available for out of area candidates\.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate and provide nursing care for patients undergoing procedures in the Cath/IR lab, which would include diagnostic and interventional procedures
- Operate the physiological monitoring equipment, data analysis system, picture archiving system \(PACS\), and percutaneous cardiac interventional \(PCI\) related technologies \(i\.e\.atherectomy and intravascular ultrasound systems\)
- Assist physicians in performing and completing therapeutic cardiovascular procedures
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current Basic Life Support Certified \(BLS\)
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Advanced Life Support Certified \(ACLS\)
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Cardiac Care Nursing
Req ID: 151603