Providence is calling an Accounting Specialist to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking an Accounting Specialist to perform a wide variety of basic routine accounting functions requiring understanding and application of fundamental accounting principles and practices.
In this position you will:
- Assist in the monthly general ledger closing process via preparation of basic accounting journal entries and posting of journal entries into system.
- Work on preparing Excel spreadsheets and tracking accounting information.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, patient, employee or medical center information at all times. Ensure all information and conversations regarding patients are secured from general public access.
- Maintain professional growth and development through continuing education, participation in training, professional associations and other activities to keep abreast of current technology and organization practices.
- Participate in unit/department performance improvement activities to ensure the development and implementation of processes that support quality service and effective work performance.
- Participate in all mandatory staff meetings and training programs to ensure continued understanding of all departmental policies, procedures and performance improvement programs and processes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- This position requires the equivalent of an Associate's Degree in Accounting.
- Proficient in use of computers, including MS Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Fundamental understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A BS or BA in Accounting, Business or related field.
- One year of business/accounting experience or a university-based internship in an accounting role.
- Prior experience with Lawson
- Prior experience with Depreciation, Leases / Rental Income
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 153543