Providence is calling a Supply Chain Technician to Providence Health & Services in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Technician to be responsible for typical supply chain operations and logistic functions to include receiving, distribution, picking, put-away, product delivery and par/point of use replenishment and stocking as well as input of patience charges as directed.
In this position you will:
- Master all identified tasks in the Supply Chain Tech competency training list within 90 days.
- Sustain mastery in all identified tasks listed in the Supply Chain Tech competency task list.
- Issue, pick and deliver supplies and equipment in an accurate and timely manner while meeting supply chain productivity goals throughout the servicing ministry.
- Utilize computers, pallet jacks and other similar heavy duty materials handling equipment to locate, determine levels and move supplies.
- Assist in the completion of periodic cycle and physical inventory counts.
- Rotate inventory supplies based upon expiration dates and numbers.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Healthstream Customer Service Certification must be completed within 30 days of hire.
- Basic computer and software skills.
- Ability to understand and utilize inventory and distribution capabilities of MMIS systems.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Relevant experience in a warehouse or storeroom environment.
- Medical material management experience.
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Professional & Administration
Req ID: 153582