Providence is calling a Registered Nurse PACU, Part Time, Day Shift to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA
**Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates. Caregiver Referral Bonus Available
In this position you will:**
- Plan and coordinate post-operative care for patients undergoing surgical intervention for a variety of surgical specialties with the intent of returning said patients to a homeostatic level
- Apply and interpret hospital policies and nursing practice guidelines in the care of the post-operative patient
- Participate in the monitoring of inventory control of supplies
- Ensure the order, functionality, availability of Post Anesthesia Care Unit supplies and equipment
- Maintain an effective line of communication with the Operating Room control desk, volunteers, sales representatives, surgeons, ancillary staff, and visitors
- Provide direct patient care activities such as, but not limited to, pain and nausea management and patient education
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers through the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
- Pediatric Life Support through the American Heart Association within 6 months of hire
- Clinical skills in the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Room or Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior experience in a Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Emergency Room or Intensive Care Unit
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: PACU / Recovery
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 140507