Providence is calling a Manager of Case Management to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
The Manager of Case Management is responsible for planning, coordinating and directly supervising the activities of the Case Management, Discharge Planning and Palliative Care teams in accordance with Providence philosophy, objectives, policies, procedures and standards.
In this position you will:
- Provide guidance and support to staff members to ensure they are able to perform their work effectively and efficiently.
- Develop, implement and maintain departmental policies and procedures in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal, State and Municipal requirements to ensure safe and effective services
- Communicate with physicians at regular intervals throughout hospitalization and develop an effective working relationship to assist the physicians to maintain appropriate cost and desired patient outcomes.
- Provide support to coworkers and customers while demonstrating service excellence by building positive interpersonal relations to ensure productive and positive relationships are maximized.
- Participate in personnel functions including hiring, evaluations, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Complete expanded assessment of patient/family needs at time of admission and assess patient progress throughout expected hospital course.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an accredited nursing program.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- BLS or the ability to obtain certification within ninety (90) days of date of hire.
- Thorough knowledge of provider requirements for admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Must have the ability to communicate (written and verbal) well and interact with multiple health care professionals, including medical and allied staff.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently, and as a team.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory and case management/utilization review experience
- Case Management certification
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC's long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 152935